directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mavibot web site needs a review
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 22:01:45 GMT
Le 8/8/13 11:22 PM, Ole Ersoy a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,

Hi Ole,

long time, no see :-)

> Great work!  Some notes:
>
> HOME PAGE:
> - Perhaps link MVCC Btree (Top of the front page) to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/labs/mavibot.html
>   <strong>MVCC Btree</strong> >> <a
> href="https://cwiki.apache.org/labs/mavibot.html">MVCC Btree</a>

I'd rather not mention the labs, as the project has migrated to Directory.

> - Mavibot is a MVCC BTree in Java...Stated twice with very few words
> between...I would move the second paragraph under the news
> announcement to the top so it's not repeated.
Yeah... I have removed the second sentence in the news, and copy it in
the main page.

> 5 MINUTE TUTORIAL
> - mmultiple >> multiple
> - Once the revision is not anymore in use >> Once the revision is no
> longer in use
>
> - As the Java garbage collector already keep in memory the most
> frequently used data, it's likely that the important pages - ie, the
> top of each BTree - will be kept in memory.
>

> keep >> keeps

Fixed.

> - WeakReference...is that a lazy loaded proxy?...Perhaps link to
> definition...

Yes, you are right. I added a link to Oracle reference.

Many thanks for your patienc, Ole, and I'm please you are still around :-)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,