directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Upgrade Jenkins Jobs to Java 6/7
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 21:49:13 GMT
On 08/05/2013 09:34 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> On 4 août 2013, at 06:52, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 8/3/13 9:19 PM, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we still have some Jenkins job that use Java 5. With the latest Jenkins
>>> upgrade Java 5 is no more supported (at least not for Maven style jobs,
>>> but for freestyle jobs) I'll upgrade all to use Java 6. Java 5 has
>>> reachead EOL long time ago. I'll also try to setup some Java 7 builds.
>>
>> Go for Java 7 only. Java 6 has EOLed at the end of last year too, and
>> Java 7 is 20% faster than Java 6.
>
> +1.

Just a quick status update:
* shared, server, jdbm, mavibot builds use Java7 now, I also removed the
"-jdk16-" infix from the job names.
* studio and other side projects will follow within the next days
* I'd like to delete the api-manual and apacheds-manual jobs as the
manuals are now managed in the CMS.
* I also created a mavibot build on Windows, but BTreeFlushTest fails
with OOME (Java Heap Space), Anyone has an idea why? Otherwise I'll
investigate.

Kind Regards,
Stefan