directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ludovic Poitou <ludovic.poi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] ApacheDS 2.0.0-M14 released
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 14:25:12 GMT
Congratulations on the release.
This must be LDAP release day today : 2 open source Java based directory servers released
on the same day (as well as their client libraries).

Have a nice 4th of July !

Regards,

Ludo
--
Ludovic Poitou
http://ludopoitou.wordpress.com

On July 4, 2013 at 16:17:41 , Emmanuel Lecharny (elecharny@apache.org) wrote:

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M14, the fourteenth milestone towards a 2.0 version.

ApacheDS is an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely
written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the
Open Group. Besides LDAP it supports Kerberos 5 and the Change
Password Protocol. It has been designed to introduce triggers, stored
procedures, queues and views to the world of LDAP which has lacked
these rich constructs.

Here is the release note for Apache Directory ApacheDS 2.0.0-M14:

Bug

* [DIRSERVER-1325
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1325>] - Simple
Authentication can not be disabled
* [DIRSERVER-1490
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1490>] - Not 100%
sure, but the DN caches we have in the server might not be updated
when doing a Move
* [DIRSERVER-1491
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1491>] - Improve
schema extractor
* [DIRSERVER-1500
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1500>] - Error
searching children of known element.
* [DIRSERVER-1521
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1521>] -
dc=example,dc=com DIT no longer exists as a default partition (DIT)
in 1.5.7?
* [DIRSERVER-1579
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1579>] - Various
problems using moddn operation
* [DIRSERVER-1661
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1661>] - Kerberos
tests not working with JDK 1.6.0_27 and JDK 1.7.0
* [DIRSERVER-1806
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1806>] - The
DelegatedAuthIT test does not test a delegated authentication
* [DIRSERVER-1829
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1829>] - bug in
initializing authenticators for AuthenticatorInterceptor
* [DIRSERVER-1836
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1836>] - When
extedning an interceptor, the operation are executed twice
* [DIRSERVER-1840
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1840>] - Wrong
default duration for ads-repllogmaxidle
* [DIRSERVER-1846
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1846>] -
Configuring SSL/Start TLS keystore does not accept backward slash
(\) in path
* [DIRSERVER-1849
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1849>] - Invalid
prefixes format for password stored using SHA-2 hashing mechanisms
(SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512)
* [DIRSERVER-1862
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1862>] - Concurrent
searches and adds may break the backend

Improvement

* [DIRSERVER-289
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-289>] - Configure
an optional password message digest algorithm which is applied on
userPassword attribute values at add and modify operations.
* [DIRSERVER-1236
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1236>] - Store an
AttributeEntry object in filter's node
* [DIRSERVER-1310
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1310>] - Improve
the way we handle controls encoding/decoding
* [DIRSERVER-1346
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1346>] - Use
ServiceLifecycleListener to avoid having System.out messages for
service start/stop events.
* [DIRSERVER-1447
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1447>] -
loadAllEnabled() method is taking way too long
* [DIRSERVER-1489
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1489>] - Provide
access to remote connection info
* [DIRSERVER-1511
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1511>] - Some
operations are present in the Partition interface when they should not
* [DIRSERVER-1617
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1617>] - Add a
feture to support TLS in DelegatingAuthenticator
* [DIRSERVER-1801
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1801>] - The
authenticator cache is invalidated too frequently

New Feature

* [DIRSERVER-275
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-275>] - Add Support
for LDAP Password Modify Extended Operation
* [DIRSERVER-434
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-434>] - Add Support
for Paged Search Results Control
* [DIRSERVER-866
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-866>] -
Initialization with another backend than JDBM for the system partition
* [DIRSERVER-1203
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1203>] - RFC2307bis
Support is missing
* [DIRSERVER-1837
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1837>] - The
DelegatingAuthenticator does not support SSL/StartTLS/SASL

Task

* [DIRSERVER-710
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-710>] - Exception
tree should be reviewed

This is a critical version, and anyone using a previous version should replace
it with this version.

Note that this is a milestone, and some parts of the API or
configuration can change before the 2.0 GA. We don't have any defined
time frame for the 2.0-G1 release, we do expect to release a few more
milestones before reaching the 2.0-GA.

Website : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds

Download : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html

User's Guide : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-users-guide.html