directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel GUITON <Emmanuel.GUI...@intrinsec.com>
Subject RE: Failure when creating a new entity using a custom object class that includes a SUP attribute
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:43:59 GMT
Hi,

Very sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this time will be better :

In an embbeded Apache DS instance, I am trying to add an entity using a custom object class
but it fails. Here is the scenario :
First, I set up a default Apache DS instance, with the schema defined in (maven) :
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.directory.api</groupId>
                        <artifactId>api-ldap-schema-data</artifactId>
                        <version>1.0.0-M19</version>
                </dependency>
Then, I add (programatically) my custom type using the JNDI. This type extends the 'organization'
object class. Browsing the schema with a GUI tool (JXplorer), I ensure my custom object class
was successfully added.
After that, I add a new entity (using the JNDI once again or using the GUI tool) and the following
exception is thrown :

javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION:
failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 5
    Add Request :
Entry
    dn[n]: o=Test,dc=company,dc=com
    objectClass: orgExtended
    o: Test
    OpaqueControl Control
        Type OID    : '2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2'
        Criticality : 'false'
'
: ERR_277 Attribute o not declared in objectClasses of entry o=Test,dc=company,dc=com]; remaining
name 'o=Test,dc=company,dc=com'

However, I did specify the value of the 'o' attribute, which is defined in the parent object
class (organization).
I stress that the object class definition includes a SUP attribute. I have other custom object
classes without SUP attribute. I can successfully create new entities using these other object
classes.

Is this a bug or am I missing something ?
Hereafter, you can find a complete (client side) code snippet to repeat this behaviour.

Thanks for any help,
 - emmanuel

package com.company.directory.client;

import java.util.Hashtable;
import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.Name;
import javax.naming.NamingException;
import javax.naming.directory.Attributes;
import javax.naming.directory.BasicAttributes;
import javax.naming.directory.DirContext;
import javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext;
import javax.naming.ldap.LdapName;

public class ApacheDsTest
{
        public static void main(final String[] args)
        {
                try
                {
                        // Init connection to the LDAP server
                        final Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String,
String>();
                        env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
                        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, TestUtils.PROVIDER_URL);
                        env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
                        env.put("java.naming.ldap.derefAliases", "always");
                        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
                        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
                        final DirContext context = new InitialDirContext(env);

                        // Add new objectClass, extends organization
                        final Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes();
                        attrs.put("NUMERICOID", "1.3.6.1.4.1.8654.4.1");
                        attrs.put("NAME", "orgExtended");
                        attrs.put("DESC", "Extension of the organization object class");
                        attrs.put("SUP", "organization");
                        attrs.put("STRUCTURAL", "TRUE");
                        final DirContext schemaContext = context.getSchema("");
                        schemaContext.createSubcontext("ClassDefinition/orgExtended", attrs);

                        // "dn: o=Test,dc=company,dc=com", "objectClass: orgExtended", "o:
Test"
                        final Name name = new LdapName("o=Test,dc=company,dc=com");
                        final Attributes attributes=new BasicAttributes();
                        attributes.put("objectClass", "orgExtended");
                        attributes.put("o", "Test");
                        context.createSubcontext(name, attributes);
                }
                catch (final NamingException exception)
                {
                        System.err.println(exception);
                }
        }
}

Emmanuel GUITON

Ingénieur Développement
Fixe : +33 1  70 92 84 16 l Standard : +33 1 41 91 77 77

215, Avenue Georges Clemenceau l 92024 Nanterre
http://www.intrinsec.com/
http://www.intrinsec.com/

I don't know if it's your mail client but your mail got to us in a pretty bad shape.... :(

Could you try to re-send it again with proper formatting? Thanks!

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 22 juil. 2013, at 19:17, Emmanuel GUITON <Emmanuel.GUITON@intrinsec.com> wrote:

> [...]
"Extension of the organization object class");                        attrs.put("SUP", "organization");
                      attrs.put("STRUCTURAL", "TRUE");                        final DirContext
schemaContext = context.getSchema("");                 schemaContext.createSubcontext("ClassDefinition/orgExtended",
attrs);                                           // "dn: o=Test,dc=company,dc=com", "objectClass:
orgExtended", "o: Test"                        final Name name = new LdapName("o=Test,dc=company,dc=com");
                    final Attributes attributes=new BasicAttributes();
  attributes.put("objectClass", "orgExtended");                   attributes.put("o", "Test");
                   context.createSubcontext(name, attributes);             }
 catch (final NamingException exception)         {                       System.err.println(exception);