directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Failure when creating a new entity using a custom object class that includes a SUP attribute
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:26:07 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I don't know if it's your mail client but your mail got to us in a pretty bad shape.... :(

Could you try to re-send it again with proper formatting? Thanks!

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 22 juil. 2013, at 19:17, Emmanuel GUITON <Emmanuel.GUITON@intrinsec.com> wrote:

> Hello,In an embbeded Apache DS instance, I am trying to add an entity using a custom
object class but it fails. Here is the scenario :First, I set up a default Apache DS instance,
with the schema defined in (maven) :                <dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.directory.api</groupId>                     <artifactId>api-ldap-schema-data</artifactId>
I add (programatically) my custom type using the JNDI. This type extends the 'organization'
object class. Browsing the schema with a GUI tool (JXplorer), I ensure my custom object class
was successfully added.After that, I add a new entity (using the JNDI once again or using
the GUI tool) and the following exception is thrown :javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException:
[LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUESTMessage
ID : 5    Add Request :Entry    dn[n]: o=Test,dc=company,dc=com    objectClass: orgExtended
   o: Test    OpaqueControl Control        Type OID    : '2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2'
Criticality : 'false'': ERR_277 Attribute o not declared in objectClasses of entry o=Test,dc=company,dc=com];
remaining name 'o=Test,dc=company,dc=com'However, I did specify the value of the 'o' attribute,
which is defined in the parent object class (organization).I stress that the object class
definition includes a SUP attribute. I have other custom object classes without SUP attribute.
I can successfully create new entities using these other object classes.Is this a bug or am
I missing something ?Hereafter, you can find a complete (client side) code snippet to repeat
this behaviour.Thanks for any help, - emmanuelpackage com.company.directory.client;import
java.util.Hashtable;import javax.naming.Context;import javax.naming.Name;import javax.naming.NamingException;import
javax.naming.directory.Attributes;import javax.naming.directory.BasicAttributes;import javax.naming.directory.DirContext;import
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext;import javax.naming.ldap.LdapName;public class ApacheDsTest{
      public static void main(final String[] args)    {               try             {
                    // Init connection to the LDAP server                   final Hashtable<String,
String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();                  env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");                   env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, TestUtils.PROVIDER_URL);
                 env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");                     env.put("java.naming.ldap.derefAliases",
"always");                     env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "uid=admin,ou=system");
                    env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "secret");
  final DirContext context = new InitialDirContext(env);
        // Add new objectClass, extends organization                    final Attributes attrs
= new BasicAttributes();                 attrs.put("NUMERICOID", "1.3.6.1.4.1.8654.4.1");
                       attrs.put("NAME", "orgExtended");                       attrs.put("DESC",
"Extension of the organization object class");                        attrs.put("SUP", "organization");
                      attrs.put("STRUCTURAL", "TRUE");                        final DirContext
schemaContext = context.getSchema("");                 schemaContext.createSubcontext("ClassDefinition/orgExtended",
attrs);                                           // "dn: o=Test,dc=company,dc=com", "objectClass:
orgExtended", "o: Test"                        final Name name = new LdapName("o=Test,dc=company,dc=com");
                    final Attributes attributes=new BasicAttributes();
  attributes.put("objectClass", "orgExtended");                   attributes.put("o", "Test");
                   context.createSubcontext(name, attributes);             }
 catch (final NamingException exception)         {                       System.err.println(exception);