directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <>
Subject Re: After adding new m-may attribute to a custom class in a schema, can't then add the attribute to an entry
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:19:20 GMT
Le 7/23/13 4:53 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
> Hi Matthew,
> Did you restart the server ?
> Additions don't need a server-restart and are handled on the fly.
> Modifications on an existing schema element, though, are not very recommended (especially
if you already have data using this schema element) and I'm not really sure they are handled
on the fly as well.

You simply can't modify an existig schema element. You can just add a
new schema element, or remove it. So a modification is a delete followed
by an add.

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message