directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <>
Subject Missing interceptors configuration...
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:44:38 GMT
Hi guys,

I just spent 30 minutes trying to understand why the Journal interceptor
wasn't functional...

Up to the point I discovered that the config.ldif file does not contain
anything related to the journal interceptor. There is this missing part :

objectclass: top
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-interceptor
ads-interceptororder: 16
ads-interceptorid: journalInterceptor
ads-enabled: TRUE

(note that the ads-enabled could be set to FALSE)

The configuration should contain this interceptor, IMO.

Also, the journal can be activated at the DirectroyService level, as we
have a journal configuration :

dn: ads-journalId=defaultJournal,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-journalrotation: 2
objectclass: top
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-journal
ads-journalworkingdir: /Users/elecharny
ads-journalid: defaultJournal
ads-journalfilename: Journal.txt
ads-enabled: TRUE

However, I don't see anywhere in the latest Studio version a place where
I can configure this journal (nor the journal interceptor). I can
understand that the intecreptors aren't configurable by default, but at
least we should be able to enable the DirectoryService journal, which
will also enable the JournalIntecptor.

I'm pretty sure that it was available in the previous Studi version...

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message