directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Review and modified version of the 'log4j.properties' file bundled in the distributions
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:14:15 GMT
On 24 juil. 2013, at 15:54, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> On 24 juil. 2013, at 15:50, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> no objection as long as this change is part of the installer specific files, I want
the
>> console appender to be retained in service module which is used for most of the testing
>> during development
>
> Exactly. It won't change the development config in the build.
> This is only intended to be used with the distributions.

Just a small addition.
There is a kind of distribution that will still require the console appender, it's the Archive
(zip & tar.gz) distribution.
In this distrib, ApacheDS is run from the command line in an interactive mode (meaning that
CTL+C kills the process)
So I think it makes sense to still keep the log directed to the console (in addition to the
file).