directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Creanga <rdc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'll move some of the extended operations and controls from ldap-api-extra-codec(-api) to api-ldap-codec-core
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 10:25:53 GMT
-1 for including the pwdModify as part of the connection API and don't care
for the move from extra to core.

None of you have heard from me before and I'm not sure my vote can count
for anything, but I hope the comments will.

PwdModify is an extended request that is optional for a directory server -
AD for example does not support it, at least not out of the box. But, by
including it as part of the connection API you're creating the wrong
impression that it is a standard/universal operation such as add, modify,
delete, search, etc.

Regards,
Radu