directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Server-integ tests are taking way too long...
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 10:14:12 GMT
Hi guys,

I checked the jenkins builds today, and I saw that some of them are
failing, just because they reach the time limit for a module build (30
mins).

On my old computer, I can't either run the full tests because of this
limit, and on y laptop, which has a SSD, it takes around 10 minutes to run.

It's slow because we use a severely constrained version of JDBM, which
is necessary for our need atm, to garantee that we don't have any
inconsistancies when we inject data in the server.

However, I do think we can improve some of the tests. Here is the list
of the most costly tests :

Running org.apache.directory.server.ppolicy.PasswordPolicyIT
Tests run: 19, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 64.611 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.SearchIT
Tests run: 41, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 62.427 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PagedSearchIT
Tests run: 37, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 38.467 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.ldapsdk.AddIT
Tests run: 30, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 33.398 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.SearchLimitsIT
Tests run: 15, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 22.573 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.modifydn.ModifyRdnIT
Tests run: 19, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 18.339 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.replication.ClientServerReplicationIT
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 17.846 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.modify.ModifyAddIT
Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 17.433 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.replication.StaleEventLogDetectionIT
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 16.706 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.bind.SaslBindIT
Tests run: 17, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 4, Time elapsed: 14.906 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.search.PersistentSearchIT
Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 12.545 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.operations.bind.SimpleBindIT
Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 11.363 sec
Running
org.apache.directory.server.operations.add.AddingEntriesWithSpecialCharactersInRDNIT
Tests run: 9, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 10.65 sec
Running org.apache.directory.server.schema.SchemaIT
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 10.119 sec

The PasswordPolicy tests are expensive because they need to sleep to
check some time condition. At this point, I'm wondering if it would not
worth creating a separate module for it.

I think we can speedup some of the other tests, which would be
beneficial for all of us...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,