directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change Sequence Number
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 15:08:36 GMT
Le 5/24/13 4:33 PM, Rina Kotadia a écrit :
> Hi ,
> We are synchronizing users/groups from ApacheDS to our database using JNDI.
> Have following questions
>
> Que 1) I wanted to know to take users and group created/updated after last
> synchronization which attribute I can use for changes happen on server?

Every modified entry has an OperationalAttribute containing the date of
the last modification. You can fetch all the modified entry with such a
filter :

(modifyTimeStamp>={last modification synchro})

For instance :

(modifyTimeStamp>=20130524145400.000Z) (gives back all the entry
modified since may, 24, 2013, 14:54)

Of course, if you added some entries, they won't have this
modifyTimeStamp attribute. You can improve the former filter by
convering this use case :

(|(!(modifyTimestamp=*))(modifyTimeStamp>=20130524145400.000Z))

> Que 2) I found one "Change Sequence Number".If I want to take last
> committed "CSN" how I can get this?

This CSN is an internal attribute which is used for replication. You
can't really get back the last one in LDAP.

> Que 3) If I have nested groups and add one user in subgroup,how can I track
> this change in parent group ?
What is your data structure here ? Are the subgroups stored using the
'member' Attribute in the parent group ? If so, you won't be able to
know that the parent group ha sbeen modified because one of its subgroup
has been modified.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,