directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'll move some of the extended operations and controls from ldap-api-extra-codec(-api) to api-ldap-codec-core
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 14:43:43 GMT
Le 5/1/13 12:25 PM, Radu Creanga a écrit :
> -1 for including the pwdModify as part of the connection API and don't care
> for the move from extra to core.
>
> None of you have heard from me before and I'm not sure my vote can count
> for anything, but I hope the comments will.
There is no formal vote, so your opinion is certainly valuable.

This is why I pushed the mail here (alhought I should have said "I'd
like to " instead of "I will".

> PwdModify is an extended request that is optional for a directory server -
> AD for example does not support it, at least not out of the box. But, by
> including it as part of the connection API you're creating the wrong
> impression that it is a standard/universal operation such as add, modify,
> delete, search, etc.

I will think again about my proposal.

I will start by moving the startTLS extended request, which is supported
by all the servers.

Regarding the pwdModify extended request, I can provide an utility class
that make it easiers to send it to the servers that support it.

Thanks for your feedback, this is certainly good food for thoughts !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,