directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'll move some of the extended operations and controls from ldap-api-extra-codec(-api) to api-ldap-codec-core
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 09:08:09 GMT
Le 5/1/13 10:56 AM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> ++1 personally I never liked this distinction of core and extra this only
> made the things worse, I don't see
> how some control can be treated as 'belongs to core' and other as 'extra',
> IMHO a very bad move, and
> I would like to get rid of this if possible to make it right

Well, the extra controls/extended operations are those only ApacheDS
support. As teh LDAP API is supposed to be a common LDAP API, there is
no reason to enforce the usage of our own features for those using the
API to talk to OpenLDAP, AD? or whatever LDAP server.

This is the reason we have this distinction, and I think it's good to
keep it this way.
For the few classes I mentionned, it does not make sense to have them in
extra - and part of this is my fault, I created the pwdModify classes in
the worng place -

--
Regards,
Cordialement,