directory-dev mailing list archives

From emanuel braga <emanuel.br...@hotmail.com>
Subject Error verifying SHA Password
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:12:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm developing an application that uses ApacheDS as authentication service. I've installed
ApacheDS, Apache Directory Studio and I've included Apache LDAP API in my Java project.

I've already implemented the connection and simple bind with password in plain text. However
I want to implement the bind process with encrypted (SHA, for example) password. With Apache
Directory Studio, I've changed password (stored as SHA) with no problems.
The problem is when I try to process bind with SHA password (plain text password is 'test'):

    connection.bind( "ou=example, dc=com", "{SHA}qUqP5cyxm6YcTAhz05Hph5gvu9M=" );

I have the same problem when I try to use the verification process in Apache Directory Studio.
Even if I copy "Current password" field and past it in "Verify password" field (with {SHA}
tag), it does not work.

I've only found information about this process in http://directory.apache.org/api/five-minutes-tutorial.html.
How do I can implement binding process with SHA passwords?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

------
Emanuel Braga