directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Wu, James C." <>
Subject RE: what cause InvalidCursonPositionException?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:08:26 GMT
Hi Kiran,

I added this line, but it does not help.

Basically, I just want to read an entity given its DN, is there an easier way?

From: [] On Behalf Of Kiran Ayyagari
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:53 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: what cause InvalidCursonPositionException?

based on your code you need to specify the scope to OBJECT level , by default the scope will
be set to ONELEVEL

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Wu, James C. <<>>
Hi Guys,

I am trying to query an attribute of a DN in my customerized authenticator that overrides
the SimpleAuthenticator.  The following is the code.

                SearchRequest searchRequest = new SearchRequestImpl();
                Dn dn = new Dn(maxUidDN);
                DirectoryService service = getDirectoryService();
                CoreSession session = service.getAdminSession();
                EntryFilteringCursor cursor =;
                Entry entry = cursor.get();

The DN is defined as follows:

                dn: uid=maxUidNumber,dc=example,dc=com
                objectClass: top
                objectClass: account
                objectClass: extensibleObject
                uidNumber: 1000

and maxUidDN is set to "uid=maxUidNumber,dc=example,dc=com"

I keep getting the InvalidCursonPositionException at the last line of the code. I am wondering
why the cursor position can be invalid. Can anyone give me some clue? Thanks.

Kiran Ayyagari

View raw message