directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about lock mechanism in apacheDS
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 05:53:07 GMT
Le 4/19/13 2:13 AM, Wu, James C. a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I changed the lockRead() and the unlockRead() methods in the DefaultOperationManager
from private to public so that I can change the lock settings in my customized authenticator.

> May I suggest changing them to public methods in trunk? It will give customer more flexibility
when they provide their customized implementation for interceptors, authenticators etc.

We can, but this is an extremly dangerous change. Not that it will break
anything to make those methods to public, but you can't simply manage
the locks from your cod without potentially breakig the underlying database.

I have to check if there is not another solution...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,