directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kinit failed on - Integrity check on decrypted field failed
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:36:13 GMT
Le 4/10/13 8:10 PM, Wu, James C. a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I re-installed the apacheds 2.0.0 M11 and wiped out all the existing stuff and used all
default settings. The kinit does work.

> So I guess my problem is the config error because in my actual config, I use a different
realm, not the EXAMPLE.COM.

> I am going to play compare the configs to find out what mistake I make when changing
the realm. I will update in this thread.

Cool !!!

I'm happy that you get it working. Kerberos is not very ind, and
understanding why it's not working can be a real nightmare. Sadly, due
to the very nature of the exhcanged data, which are encoded most of the
time, plus the fact that it's not safe to provide too much information
when the authent fails, it's difficult to know what can be wrong in the
conf.

FYI, we have build a new version which should contain some bug fix : you
can get ApacheDS 2.0.0-RC1 here http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

FYI, this release will not be public, as we detected some more issues
that need to be fixed, but still, it can be worthfull to try it.

Thanks for your patience !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,