On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

it's now 2 years we are working on 2.0, adding milestones after
milestones. 1.0 has been released nearly 6 years ago, and 1.5 was just
an intermediate version.

Basically, we can say that we are working on 2.0 since april 2007...

I think it's about time to get a 2.0 out now. The big bugs we had in
JDBM have been fixed, replication is petty much working, the Kerberos
server is also delivering tickets,

This sentence below makes perfect sense.

I don't really know what we can add
in a milstone that would make 2.0 very different than what we have.

Of course, we have some important things to work on :
- Mavibot as a replacement for JDBM : this is an ongoing effort, but in
any case, it's just a new Partition. It can be added in a 2.1
- MINA 3 switch : again, this is a work in progress. It will bring
better performances on the network side, but nothing that can't want for
a 2.1
- Triggers/SP : not critical atm
- Replication : we currently support MMR with Syncrepl, we would like to
add delat-syncrepl, but this is not urgent (2.1)

Eveything else are just new features of improvements, that can wait for
minor releases.

True.

Otherwise, we have a bunch of pending bugs that need to be reviewed and
fixed, and most important, we need a better documentation.

All in all, I think we are pretty much ready, and we can get a 2.0 done
by end of april or mid may.

thoughts ?

In complete agreement.

--