directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting PKCS5S2 Password Hashing
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:04:31 GMT
Le 3/22/13 3:49 PM, Ashma Shrestha a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans on implementing PKCS5S2 Password Hashing?
No. PKCS5 is a patented algorithm, owned by RSA. It's not available in
the JRE.

>  If not can anyone provide me some pointers on how this can be implemented.

The only way would be to add BouncyCastle jar, and to modify the
authenticator to hash the password using PKCS5.

That would require some modifications in the following classes in the
api-ldap-model :
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.constants.LdapSecurityConstants
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.password.PasswordUtil.encryptPassword()

It should not take too long to implement it.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,