directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Kerberos and Java 6 on Mac OSX
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:31:29 GMT
Hi guys,

I have spent more than one full day trying to understand why for hell I
wasn't able to authentify on the ApacheDS kerberos Server using Studio
on my mac. Last friday, we did a lot of tests with Pierre-Arnaud, and
when Studio runs on Linux, there is no problem connecting on the
Kerberos Server.

Today, I have spent 3 more hours testing it locally, and at the end, I
successfully get it working !

There is a bug in the JDK, especially in the way it tries to find the
domain, which leads to errors like 'Unable to load realm info from
SCDynamicStore'. Hadoop has experimented such errors too (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7489).

As soon as I added the following information in teh command line :

-Djava.security.krb5.realm=<my realm> -Djava.security.krb5.kdc=<the KDC
host IP>

the authent worked...

I still have to install Java 7 to see what's going on, but in the mean
time, I think I will update the site with this critical information.

Java on Mac sucks. Really...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,