Hi Emmanuel,

On 16 févr. 2013, at 11:19, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

Proposal
--------

IMO, we should investigate JDBM4 asap. It might solve many of the issues
we have, at a low price. Improving the existing JDBM is just a waste of
our precious time.

+1

I the long term, I would favor Mavibot for a couple of reasons :
- first, it's a MVCC base, so we can conduct concurrent searches and
modifications (although we can't do many modifications at the same time).
- second, we have a complete understanding of the code : we wrote it.
It's easier to understand the impact of the modifications we hve done on it.
- third, we can have a dedicated backend based on the current Mavibot
code, where all the data are in memory (that would work with a few tens
of thousands entries, and the performances will be blazing fast).

+1.

Although, Mavibot may be a little bit unstable at first since it's a really new project with not a lot of people using it at the moment.

But in the long run, it looks like a really good candidate for what we need to do.
If there's enough RAM available I like the idea of the in-memory partition. :)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud