directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: AD Studio : official version of Eclipse for building/debugging Studio
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:41:58 GMT
All parent projects have no 'maven-eclipse-plugin' configuration and are skipped when you run
"mvn eclipse:eclipse" or "mvn studio:eclipse" on them.
So I don't see how you got such .project files created... Maybe an initial test with m2eclipse
or another tool ?

As for the Eclipse version, I'm actually using Eclipse 3.8.1 (and not 3.8.2, probably a mismatch
with the previous 3.7.2).
This version can be downloaded here:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.8.1-201209141540/

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 13 févr. 2013, at 11:14, Francis ANDRE <francis.andre.kampbell@orange.fr> wrote:

> Hi Pierre Arnaud
>
> Ok so with Eclipse Indigo, Version: 3.7.2 Build id: M20120208-0800, the process of importing
the ADS projects as explained here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Working
does not work

> Open the Import Wizard, select General -> Existing Projects into Workspace, on the
next wizard page choos Select root directory and browse for the checked-out studio folder,
select all projects and press Finish.

> because all parent projects get a .project file and the import process of Eclipse stucks
on them.

> So, how can one import all ADS projects?? (this does not work neither with the LDAP API)
>

> <aafebaeb.gif>
>
> By the way, if you could state also in the wiki where to download the Eclipse 3.8.2,
that would be nice, because the only official Eclipse Indigo download points to the 3.7.2
version.

> FA
> Le 13/02/2013 10:37, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
>> Hi Francis,
>>
>> The requirements for working on Apache Directory Studio are the same
>> ones than to be able to run it:
>> - Eclipse 3.3 or later
>> - Java 6
>>
>> We don't use m2eclipse but have instead our own "studio" Maven plugin
>> which helps with the creation eclipse project files and OSGI bundles
>> (in conjunction with the maven-bundle-plugin from the Apache Felix
>> project).
>>
>> I'll add these requirements to the page.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pierre-Arnaud
>>
>> Le 13 févr. 2013 à 10:30, Francis ANDRE
>> <francis.andre.kampbell@orange.fr> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> By looking at this page http://directory.apache.org/studio/building.html or the
wiki pages at  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Working, I did not found
any requirements about the Eclipse version for building/running/debugging the Apache Directory
Studio nor any prerequisite for external plugin like m2e...