directory-dev mailing list archives

From <amithapatchan.subbu...@wipro.com>
Subject Query regarding Replication feature with ApacheDS-2.0.0-M10
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:21:23 GMT
Hi,

I have installed ApacheDS-2.0.0 M10 on 2 cent OS servers. Let's say servers as A and B.
I have configure master server on server-A. And on server-B I have configured slave. After
restarting both the server I am getting the below mentioned error on my slave server-B,

[11:47:30] WARN [CONSUMER_LOG] - Failed to bind to the producer 10.207.55.106:389 with the
given bind Dn uid=admin,ou=system
[11:47:30] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.consumer.ReplicationConsumerImpl]
- Failed to bind to the server with the given bind Dn uid=admin,ou=system
[11:47:30] WARN [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.consumer.ReplicationConsumerImpl]
-
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapAuthenticationException: INVALID_CREDENTIALS:
Bind failed: ERR_229 Cannot authenticate user uid=admin,ou=system
    at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ResultCodeEnum.processResponse(ResultCodeEnum.java:2017)
    at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.AbstractLdapConnection.bind(AbstractLdapConnection.java:122)
    at org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.AbstractLdapConnection.bind(AbstractLdapConnection.java:105)
    at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.consumer.ReplicationConsumerImpl.connect(ReplicationConsumerImpl.java:231)
    at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.consumer.ReplicationConsumerImpl.connect(ReplicationConsumerImpl.java:647)
    at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer$2.run(LdapServer.java:720)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

For sure password is correct. Because as an standalone Java application I able to bind Dn
 uid=admin,ou=system with default password(plain text). But in case of replication its failing
with the above mentioned exception. I am not sure whether password enetered as byte value
while configuring replication is creating an issue or not.

Please help us on this one.
Thank You,
Amithap.S

of this message and any attachments.