directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Perf tests done on add operation (without the network)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:50:45 GMT
Hi,

I have played a bit with Yourkit this morning, and I tried to get a clue
about where in the server we are spending time while processing a simple
add. This is pretty clear :

97,1% is spent in AbstractBTreePartition.add()

out of which :
90,1% is spent in JdbmPartition.sync()
 4.9% is spent in JdbmIndex.add()

Those methods call the Jdbm.commit() method, and the
EntrySerializer.serialize() method (4.6% of the time spent)

We can do whatever we want to improve the rest of the server, JDBM will
remain the bottleneck. We can of course improve the Entry serialization,
but the gain would be minimal for an important effort.

Just FTR...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,