directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Release soon...
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:25:26 GMT
Hi guys,

I will probably try to cut a release tomorrow, as may bugs have been
fixed lately. It will still be a milestone, as I still want to do some
big modification in both the backend data structure and in the API :
getting rid of the StringValue/BinaryValue classes.

I do think that we shuld only manipulate byte[] in the server. All in
all, String are just UTF-8 encoded byte[], so there is no reason to
manipulate Strings. It will solve many issue, like the one we have with
binay AttributeType which has a SUBSTR matchingRule (currently, we can't
filter any entry based on such matching rule), and it will also run
faster : we won't have to do a byte[] -> String conversion when we
receive a request and convert it back to a byte[] when storing it in the
backend, and the exact opposite double conversion for any Attribute's
value we pull from the backend to return it to the client.

It will take quite a while to fix that, as it's used everywhere, so I'd
liek first to have a release done.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,