directory-dev mailing list archives

From Francis ANDRE <francis.andre.kampb...@orange.fr>
Subject Re: AD Studio : official version of Eclipse for building/debugging Studio
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:27:53 GMT
  you are right... the m2e Eclipse plugin is the problem... So I would suggest
to clearly state in the wiki to remove completely the m2e eclipse plugin before
anything.

Le 13/02/2013 11:41, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
> All parent projects have no 'maven-eclipse-plugin' configuration and are
> skipped when you run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" or "mvn studio:eclipse" on them.
> So I don't see how you got such .project files created... Maybe an initial
> test with m2eclipse or another tool ?
>

> As for the Eclipse version, I'm actually using Eclipse 3.8.1 (and not 3.8.2,
> probably a mismatch with the previous 3.7.2).
> This version can be downloaded here:
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.8.1-201209141540/
>
> Hope this helps,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

> On 13 févr. 2013, at 11:14, Francis ANDRE <francis.andre.kampbell@orange.fr
> <mailto:francis.andre.kampbell@orange.fr>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pierre Arnaud
>>
>> Ok so with Eclipse Indigo, Version: 3.7.2 Build id: M20120208-0800, the
>> process of importing the ADS projects as explained here
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Working does not work
>>
>> Open the Import Wizard, select /General -> Existing Projects into Workspace/,

>> on the next wizard page choos /Select root directory/ and browse for the
>> checked-out /studio/ folder, select all projects and press /Finish/.
>>
>> because all parent projects get a .project file and the import process of
>> Eclipse stucks on them.
>>
>> So, how can one import all ADS projects?? (this does not work neither with
>> the LDAP API)
>>

>> <aafebaeb.gif>
>>
>> By the way, if you could state also in the wiki where to download the Eclipse
>> 3.8.2, that would be nice, because the only official Eclipse Indigo download
>> points to the 3.7.2 version.
>>
>> FA
>> Le 13/02/2013 10:37, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
>>> Hi Francis,
>>>
>>> The requirements for working on Apache Directory Studio are the same
>>> ones than to be able to run it:
>>> - Eclipse 3.3 or later
>>> - Java 6
>>>
>>> We don't use m2eclipse but have instead our own "studio" Maven plugin
>>> which helps with the creation eclipse project files and OSGI bundles
>>> (in conjunction with the maven-bundle-plugin from the Apache Felix
>>> project).
>>>
>>> I'll add these requirements to the page.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads up.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pierre-Arnaud

or the wiki pages athttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Working, I did
not found any requirements about the Eclipse version for building/running/debugging the Apache
Directory Studio nor any prerequisite for external plugin like m2e...