directory-dev mailing list archives

From Francis ANDRE <francis.andre.kampb...@orange.fr>
Subject Re: AD Studio : official version of Eclipse for building/debugging Studio
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:14:18 GMT
Hi Pierre Arnaud

Ok so with Eclipse Indigo, Version: 3.7.2 Build id: M20120208-0800, the process
of importing the ADS projects as explained here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Working does not work

Open the Import Wizard, select /General -> Existing Projects into Workspace/, on
the next wizard page choos /Select root directory/ and browse for the
checked-out /studio/ folder, select all projects and press /Finish/.

because all parent projects get a .project file and the import process of
Eclipse stucks on them.

So, how can one import all ADS projects?? (this does not work neither with the
LDAP API)

By the way, if you could state also in the wiki where to download the Eclipse
3.8.2, that would be nice, because the only official Eclipse Indigo download
points to the 3.7.2 version.

FA
Le 13/02/2013 10:37, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
> Hi Francis,
>
> The requirements for working on Apache Directory Studio are the same
> ones than to be able to run it:
> - Eclipse 3.3 or later
> - Java 6
>
> We don't use m2eclipse but have instead our own "studio" Maven plugin
> which helps with the creation eclipse project files and OSGI bundles
> (in conjunction with the maven-bundle-plugin from the Apache Felix
> project).
>
> I'll add these requirements to the page.
>
> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> Le 13 févr. 2013 à 10:30, Francis ANDRE
> <francis.andre.kampbell@orange.fr> a écrit :
>
>> Hi
>>
>> By looking at this page http://directory.apache.org/studio/building.html or the wiki
pages at  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Working, I did not found
any requirements about the Eclipse version for building/running/debugging the Apache Directory
Studio nor any prerequisite for external plugin like m2e...