directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are all the System index really fed ?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 22:44:56 GMT
Le 2/12/13 8:58 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny a écrit :
> H,
>
> I'm probably a bit too deep into the code atm, but it seems to me that
> the system index are never updated, except ObjectClass, Rdn, entryCSN
> and alias indexes. The entryUUID and AdministrativeRole indexes are
> never updated, as far as I can say.
>
> Is this just me ?
It's just me :) The EntrtyUUID is not anymore necessary, as we use the
MasterTable for that (each entry is referenced by its entryUUID in this
table. If we need to retrieve an entry from its entryUUID, we just have
to read it).

The AdministratveRole index is not fed, though. It's a bit problematic,
because it has to be a System index, while it was considered as a user
index before, forcing the user creating a new partition to explicitely
dclare it in its configuration file, something really not convenient.
That requires many modification in teh AbstratBtreePartition code.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,