directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying the maven generated site
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:14:43 GMT
Le 2/10/13 11:31 PM, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question regarding the maven generated site of our projects. As
> far as I see we don't generate and deploy them currently. For the API
> there is only a recent API doc online [1]. The <distMgmtSiteUrl> in the
> pom.xml files point to
> scpexe://people.apache.org/www/directory.apache.org/[project]/gen-docs
> which does not exist.
>
> My questions:
> - Do we want to deploy the maven generated sites, including the java docs?
Yes. And yes, this is possible, although the process is a bit tedious.

> - For which projects (API, ApacheDS, Studio) does it make sense?
Definitively API and ApacheDS
> - If yes, am I right that we can scp the generated site to
> scpexe://people.apache.org/www/directory.apache.org/[project]/content/gen-docs?
This is not that simple. The way it works is that once we have generated
the docs, we have to create a zip out of it, and push it to the cms
repo. Sadly, this will be removed everytime we will publish the site,
soe we need to exclude the directory containing the javadocs from the
publish process.

Th eprocess is summarized here :
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#generated-docs

> If the questions are positive I'll take care to fix the site deployment.
Thanks for that

--
Regards,
Cordialement,