directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos-client module added
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:00:15 GMT
Le 2/7/13 11:25 AM, Alex Karasulu a écrit :
> Why not just make the Kerberos Client it's own client (API) project just
> like the LDAP API is?
This is something we will most certainly do later. ATM, I don't have
time to make it a complete separated project, and it's really in its
infancy.

The pb I had yesterday was to have it building in an environment that is
fully up to date, instead of having to fight with package
inconsistancies and jars dependencies. It took me five minutes instead
of a couple of hours to have it all wokring as a separate project.

Now, if somebody has time for that, I would be moe than pleased to have
it as a separate project...

> It might be really useful to people who are stuck using the
> God awful Krb5LoginModule because of a lack of a better Kerberos library to
> do the same.
Spot on. I even want to have it used in Studio to allow users to play
with it through a GUI instead of using pkinit...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,