directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: ADS Studio: add new library: duplicate jar entry
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:50:09 GMT
Hi Francis,

You shouldn't embed transitive dependencies when you create a "library plugin".

First of all, if the library is already an OSGI bundle, you don't need to create one, just
add it to the linked libraries from the custom Target Platform, this is in the 'repository'
pom.

If it's not an OSGI bundle, then you need to make it an OSGI by repackaging the jar as a "library
plugin", that's what you're currently doing.
But, as it becomes an OSGI bundle, it means all its dependencies must also be OSGI bundle,
so you need to convert them as well, one "library plugin" per dependency

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 22 févr. 2013, at 10:14, Francis ANDRE <francis.andre.kampbell@orange.fr> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am adding a new library to the ADS Studio by copy/paste an already existing pom.xml
like org.apache.commons.codec/pom.xml but the generated MANIFEST.MF contains a duplicate entry
even with the instruction: <_exportcontents>!lib,*</_exportcontents>. The only
difference with the new pom.xml is the <Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>