Ok, I found the culprit...

It's version 2.3 of the Maven Assembly plugin as described in this JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-449

The issue is fixed with version 2.4.

I "forced" the version in the pom.xml of the project and I was able to generate a properly extractable archive.

I might cancel this release of re-run the whole release for Apache Directory Studio.
WDYT?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud


On 25 janv. 2013, at 09:20, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

Indeed...

MacBook-Pro-3:application-linux-x86 pajbam$ sudo ls -l target/ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123
total 344
-rwxr-xr-x    1 pajbam  staff  63001 10 aoŻ  2010 ApacheDirectoryStudio
-rw-r--r--    1 pajbam  staff  29478  7 jan  2008 ApacheDirectoryStudio.xpm
-rw-r--r--    1 pajbam  staff  22289 25 jan 09:09 LICENSE.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 pajbam  staff   1172 25 jan 09:09 NOTICE.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 pajbam  staff  47486 25 jan 09:09 Release Notes.txt
d---------    3 pajbam  staff    102 25 jan 09:09 configuration
d---------    9 pajbam  staff    306 25 jan 09:09 features
d---------  413 pajbam  staff  14042 25 jan 09:09 plugins

So, I produce archives that even my own user can't open or at least the folder on the extracted data are not accessible... Weird...

I might try to generate the tar.gz files on another machine or a VM because there seem to be something wrong ATM when I generate tar.gz archives...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud


On 25 janv. 2013, at 08:10, Felix Knecht <felix.knecht.ch@gmail.com> wrote:

To me it looks like all directories don't have any permissions, just the 'd' flag to indicate it's a directory. But no Read nor Write nor Execute for anyone.

Regards
Felix


2013/1/24 Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>
Damn... :(

I don't know what happened during the packaging... That part hasn't moved much since the latest released version.

I'm investigating...

Thanks for the heads up, Felix!

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud


On 24 janv. 2013, at 22:06, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

>> [X] -1 : No, don't release Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M4 (2.0.0.v20130123)
>
> - I downloaded the *.tar.gz file.
> - gunzip it as regular linux user
> - untar it as regular linux user
>
> and get a bunch of permission denied errors, see below. I even can't
> changed to the untared directory nor remove it again as regular linux user.
>
> I'm using latest Fedora 18 and I don't have had such problem with former
> releases. I also retried with the former Studio Release
> (ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86_64-2.0.0.v20120224.tar.gz) and could it
> unzip/untar without any problems.
>
> I have the problem with both (x86 and x86_64) version.
>
> Regards
> Felix
>
>
> [felix@www opt]$ tar xvf ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123.tar
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/configuration/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.ldapservers.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.ldapservers.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.rcp.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.rcp.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.schemaeditor.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.schemaeditor.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.registry_3.5.100.v20120521-2346/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.registry_3.5.100.v20120521-2346/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.200.v20120522-1813/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.1.200.v20120522-1813/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.debug_3.7.101.v20120725-115645/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.debug_3.7.101.v20120725-115645/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench.compatibility_3.2.101.v20120523-1956/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench.compatibility_3.2.101.v20120523-1956/META-INF/
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/ApacheDirectoryStudio.xpm
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/configuration/config.ini
> tar:
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/configuration/config.ini: Cannot
> open: Permission denied
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/feature.xml
> tar:
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/feature.xml:
> Cannot open: Permission denied
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES
> tar:
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES:
> Cannot open: Permission denied
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/LICENSE
> tar:
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-2.0.0.v20130123/features/org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.feature_2.0.0.v20130123/META-INF/LICENSE:
> Cannot open: Permission denied
>