directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [RESULTS] Release of Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M4 (2.0.0.v20130125)
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:43:27 GMT
Le 1/30/13 6:04 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
> Damn...
>
> I have some bad news...
> The project has become so big and we haven't done any release in 11 months, so we pay
cash every little mistake we make... :(

> Due to the recent renaming of 'shared' to 'api', I changed the name of our variable for
the API version in our pom.xml files from "${org.apache.directory.shared.validversion}" to
"${org.apache.directory.api.validversion}".
> Now, the problem is that I missed some files, notably the feature.xml files of the features
projects.
> Hence, the versions in those files have not been filtered at all and are rendered as
"${org.apache.directory.shared.validversion}".

> This doesn't have any impact on the RCP version but it has a huge impact on the update
site because the update site lists all the features and the plugins are then inferred from
the values in the feature.xml files.
> So, the update site is completely messed up unfortunately.
>
> I noticed that just after I published the website with the new announcement for the release.
>
> What do you think we should do?
>
> At the moment, download links for the RCP version are all working, only the update site
fails.

> I wondering if we shouldn't let the RCP version online and rollback the update site to
the previous version, until I release a fixed version.
> I can start a vote for this at the end of the week, but as I'm in vacation next week,
I will only be able to release it when I come back, next-next monday.

> Thoughts?

Just cut a 2.0.0-M5. Not a big deal.

--
Regards,