directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [RESULTS] Release of Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M4 (2.0.0.v20130125)
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:04:17 GMT
Damn...

I have some bad news...
The project has become so big and we haven't done any release in 11 months, so we pay cash
every little mistake we make... :(

Due to the recent renaming of 'shared' to 'api', I changed the name of our variable for the
API version in our pom.xml files from "${org.apache.directory.shared.validversion}" to "${org.apache.directory.api.validversion}".
Now, the problem is that I missed some files, notably the feature.xml files of the features
projects.
Hence, the versions in those files have not been filtered at all and are rendered as "${org.apache.directory.shared.validversion}".

This doesn't have any impact on the RCP version but it has a huge impact on the update site
because the update site lists all the features and the plugins are then inferred from the
values in the feature.xml files.
So, the update site is completely messed up unfortunately.

I noticed that just after I published the website with the new announcement for the release.

What do you think we should do?

At the moment, download links for the RCP version are all working, only the update site fails.

I wondering if we shouldn't let the RCP version online and rollback the update site to the
previous version, until I release a fixed version.
I can start a vote for this at the end of the week, but as I'm in vacation next week, I will
only be able to release it when I come back, next-next monday.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 29 janv. 2013, at 09:28, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This vote is now closed.
>
> Here are the results :
>
> Five binding +1, no -1:
> - Emmanuel
> - Stefan S.
> - Felix
> - Kiran
> - Pierre-Arnaud
>
> I'll release the Maven repositories and distributions today and announce it tomorrow.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 25 janv. 2013, at 20:31, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here we go again. ;-)
>>
>> Following the releases votes for Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15 and ApacheDS
2.0.0-M10, I'd like to release Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M4 (2.0.0.v20130125).

>> It's the first release in almost a year, the last version was release late last february.
>> It contains important bug fixes and new features and the latest versions of the Apache
Directory LDAP API and ApacheDS.