directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [RESULTS] Release of Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M4 (2.0.0.v20130125)
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:45:56 GMT

On 30 janv. 2013, at 18:43, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 1/30/13 6:04 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot a écrit :
>> Damn...
>>
>> I have some bad news...
>> The project has become so big and we haven't done any release in 11 months, so we
pay cash every little mistake we make... :(

>> Due to the recent renaming of 'shared' to 'api', I changed the name of our variable
for the API version in our pom.xml files from "${org.apache.directory.shared.validversion}"
to "${org.apache.directory.api.validversion}".
>> Now, the problem is that I missed some files, notably the feature.xml files of the
features projects.
>> Hence, the versions in those files have not been filtered at all and are rendered
as "${org.apache.directory.shared.validversion}".

>> This doesn't have any impact on the RCP version but it has a huge impact on the update
site because the update site lists all the features and the plugins are then inferred from
the values in the feature.xml files.
>> So, the update site is completely messed up unfortunately.
>>
>> I noticed that just after I published the website with the new announcement for the
release.

>> What do you think we should do?
>>
>> At the moment, download links for the RCP version are all working, only the update
site fails.

>> I wondering if we shouldn't let the RCP version online and rollback the update site
to the previous version, until I release a fixed version.
>> I can start a vote for this at the end of the week, but as I'm in vacation next week,
I will only be able to release it when I come back, next-next monday.

>> Thoughts?
>
> Just cut a 2.0.0-M5. Not a big deal.

Yeah I'm onto fixing those issues right now.
I'll probably launch another vote tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud