directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication connection algoithm
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 14:32:55 GMT
I would like to suggest a slight modification

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as a follow up for my previous mail, here is a suggestion for
> replication that handles the disconnection :
>
> LdapServer.startReplicationConsumers
>   create a ping thread
>   start the ping thread
>
> differ this creation of ping thread and move it to PING

>   for each consumer
>     do
>       init consumer
>       create new replication thread
>       add a ping for this consumer

not sure what does it mean by 'add a ping...' here.
The ping should rely on the state of the consumer,
say when the consumer is first created 'ping' thread need not validate this
consumer's connection
however it should kick in to action after consumer successfully starts for
the first time

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com