directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XdbmTools code removal
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:51:28 GMT
svn del :)

On 07-Dec-2012 8:53 PM, "Emmanuel L├ęcharny" <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

I suggest we remove this code from the project : it's not maintained,
it's outdated, and it's also completely broken.

For instance, such a code :

public class EntryNode implements TreeNode
{
    public EntryNode( String id, EntryNode parent,
AbstractBTreePartition db, Entry entry, Map<String, EntryNode> map,
        ExprNode exprNode, SearchEngine engine )
    {
        try
        {
            List<IndexEntry> recordForwards = new ArrayList<IndexEntry>();
            Cursor<IndexEntry<String, String>> childList = null;
//db.list( id );

            while ( childList.next() )

is guaranteed to generate a NPE.

EntryNode class is only usd by the PartitionFrame code.

Unless someone is wanting to maintain it, I'd suggest that we either
sandbox it, or isolate it in a sub-project, or remove it.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,