directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration and MUST attributes
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:31:39 GMT
Hi !

as I'm writing the doc about configuration, I'm wondering if some of the
MUST attributeType we have in many of the configuration ObjectClasses
should not be MAY attributeTypes instead. For instance, considering the
ads-directoryService ObectClass, we have :

m-must: ads-directoryServiceId
m-must: ads-dsReplicaId
m-must: ads-dsAccessControlEnabled
m-must: ads-dsAllowAnonymousAccess
m-must: ads-dsDenormalizeOpAttrsEnabled
m-must: ads-dsPasswordHidden
m-must: ads-dsSyncPeriodMillis
m-may: ads-dsTestEntries

Many of those AttributeType have default values, and we probably don't
need to require the administrator to fill some value for, say,
ads-dsSyncPeriodMillis.

I would rather suggest we switch from MUST to MAY some of the
AttributeType, something like :

m-must: ads-directoryServiceId
m-must: ads-dsReplicaId
m-may: ads-dsAccessControlEnabled
m-may: ads-dsAllowAnonymousAccess
m-may: ads-dsDenormalizeOpAttrsEnabled
m-may: ads-dsPasswordHidden
m-may: ads-dsSyncPeriodMillis
m-may: ads-dsTestEntries

Such a modification could be done for other ObjectClasses.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,