directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Vote] Release of ApacheDS (2.0.0-M9)
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:06:02 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to propose a new milestone release (2.0.0-M9) for Apache
Directory Server.

This is a major move forward, as we have added Multi-Master replication
in this release, plus some performance improvements.

Othewise, many other less critical bugs have been fixed.

The Configuration has been slightly modified, so a configuration from
a previous release won't work.

Note that it's still an intermediary version, some new milestone will be
released before the final 2.0.0 candidate.

Here are the associated links :

ApacheDS 2.0.0-M9, revision 1425245

---------------------------------

- SVN tag r1425245: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/2.0.0-M9/

- Nexus repository: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-073/

- Distribution packages: http://people.apache.org/~elecharny

Here are the release notes for this all sub-projects:

ApacheDS 2.0.0-M9

============

    Bug

  * [DIRSERVER-1717
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1717>] - Non
    existing AT errors ('x-read-only' and 'x-enabled') show up in the
    logs when adding new schema elements
  * [DIRSERVER-1733
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1733>] - Cannot
    delete leaf entry -- Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66) -
    NOT_ALLOWED_ON_NON_LEAF: failed for MessageType : DEL_REQUEST
  * [DIRSERVER-1751
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1751>] - The
    Substring index is not used during the evaluation of a search filter
  * [DIRSERVER-1752
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1752>] - Adding a
    context entry (ads-contextentry attribute) in the configuration of a
    partition has no effect
  * [DIRSERVER-1758
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1758>] - Error when
    setting the bad alis deref mode in replication
  * [DIRSERVER-1759
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1759>] - The
    replReqHandler attribute is not present in the default configuration
  * [DIRSERVER-1760
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1760>] - When one
    of the server disconnect brutally, replication stops working
  * [DIRSERVER-1762
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1762>] - Switching
    log in debug make the service crash at startup
  * [DIRSERVER-1770
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1770>] - Create a
    unique method to filter the AttributeTypes for the search and lookup
    rquests
  * [DIRSERVER-1776
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1776>] - Photo and
    Jpegphoto attributes store corrupt data/Generate Syntax Errors
  * [DIRSERVER-1777
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1777>] - Lookup
    operation done with 'name' as an attribute will not return 'cn',
    'sn', ...
  * [DIRSERVER-1782
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1782>] - The
    various locks we are using may not be released in some case

    Improvement

  * [DIRSERVER-1721
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1721>] -
    Replication: Two "master" servers replicate back and forth endlessly
  * [DIRSERVER-1754
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1754>] - Add a
    default value for the context entry of the example partition in the
    configuration

    New Feature

  * [DIRSERVER-1775
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1775>] - Add the
    EntryDN operational attribute

    Task

  * [DIRSERVER-1753
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1753>] - Removed
    the prefNodeName=sysPrefRoot entry
  * [DIRSERVER-1781
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1781>] - Remove the
    'list' operation from the interceptor chain

Let's vote now:

[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M9

[ ] ±0 | Abstain

[ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M9

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,