directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP API refactoring before the next release
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:03:46 GMT
Hi guys,

we are close to cut a release, and we have some pending refactoring for
months (years ?).

Since we decided that we need to create a new LDAP API, 3 years ago, we
created a new sub-project, called Ldap API. We have created a new web
site for the project, a new JIRA, but all in all, the code base is still
under the 'shared' sub-project.

I suggest we refactor a few things :
- merge DIRSHARED and DIRAPI into DIRAPI
- rename the org.apache.directory.shared packages to
org.apache.directory.api
- rename all the shared-XXX modules to ldap-api-xxx (or api-xxx)

This will impact the whole code base, but we will then be consistant
with the projects we expose, namely, the server, the LDAP api and studio
(shared leans nothing here).

If we don't do that now, we won't be able to do it once the first RC
will be out...

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,