directory-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Chu <...@symas.com>
Subject Re: Replication, consummers and producers question
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:34:44 GMT
Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I'm currently looking at the code, I'm wondering if we should store
> the consummers configuration into the producer. It seems like every
> server that has consumers is setting up a persistent search for each
> consumer, evn if the consumer are not yet connected.
>
> Wouldn't be better to just create the persistentSearch when a consumer
> actually conntects to the master server, and to avoid storing such
> information into the server  ? (Just wondering)

IMO: definitely. One of the reasons syncrepl is designed as it is is because
you don't need to change the provider's config when you add or remove
consumers. (Of course, this was a greater concern back before we had dynamic
config for OpenLDAP.) Only the actual consumer should need to know about its
replication configuration.

--
   -- Howard Chu