directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication configuration
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:30:00 GMT
Hi guys,

I have some questions about the replication configuration...

AFAICT, we may configure the server to be a consumer, a producer, both
of them, or none of them.

A standalone server will not be a producer or a consumer
A master server will be a producer
A slave server will be a consummer
A master/slave server will be a producer and a consumer

In any case, a server will always be able to be a producer as soon as it
allows another server to connect on it as a consumer, and get
replicated, so for a server to be a producer is just a matter of
receiving a consumer request.

Am I right ?

I'm asking because I added a flag that allow a server to become a
producer on demand as soon as the ads-replicationEnabled flag is set to
true (this flag is used to start the replication handler when the server
is started). Does it makes sense to keep this flag ? Or should we always
start the replication handler ?

I'm inclined to think that teh flag is a good thing to have. wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,