directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <>
Subject Re: Why is uid=admin present in ou=system ?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:05:41 GMT
yeap, like we just discussed, we can certainly do that, the two things
that immediately come to my mind are

1. the impact of such a change in the code
2. and the number of existing installations that will break because of
this change

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <> wrote:
> I will rephrase Pierre-Arnaud's mail (should we remove the pu=system partition).
> The main issue is that the uid=admin entry, which is used all over the server to manage
it, is stored in the ou=system partition, when it should probably be stored in the ou=configuration
> The consequences is that we can't modify the password with Studio when the server has
not been started a first time, when Studio already has the plugin to manage the configuration
even if the server is not started.
> IMO, the uid=admin entry should be moved to the ou=configuration partition.
> thoughts ?
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,