directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of ApacheDS (2.0.0-M8)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:36:36 GMT
[X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M8

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 9 oct. 2012, at 15:06, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a new milestone release (2.0.0-M8) for Apache Directory Server.
>
> We have fixed a blocking issue in this release : concurrent searches and modifications
led to errors and could leave the data base in an inconsistant state on an heavy concurrent
modification load. Everyone using any previous version should switch to this version.

> Othewise, may other less critical bugs have been fixed, and the overall performances
have been increased by a factor of 3 or more for searches.

> Note that it's still an intermediary version, some new milestone will be released before
the final 2.0.0 candidate.

> Here are the associated links :
>
> ApacheDS 2.0.0-M8, revision 1395927
> ---------------------------------
> - SVN tag r1336754: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1395927&view=rev
> - Nexus repository: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-109/
> - Distribution packages: http://people.apache.org/~elecharny
>
> Here are the release notes for this all sub-projects:
>
> ApacheDS 2.0.0-M8
> ============
> Bugs :
> -----
> - [DIRSERVER-1718] - Problems when adding a schema containing one or more uppercased
letters
> - [DIRSERVER-1659] - the apacheds.sh/bat files contains a hard coded revision. This is
not good
> - [DIRSERVER-1748] - EqualityEvaluator does not work correctly
> - [DIRSERVER-1723] - Potential LRUCache exhaustion with searches
> - [DIRSERVER-1624] - Index are not created when added after the server has been started
> - [DIRSERVER-1709] - Adding an index does not create the index if the server is already
started
> - [DIRSERVER-1663] - NPE when doing add/delete and search at the same time on the same
entries
> - [DIRSERVER-1738] - Can't restart ApacheDS after setting a value superior to Integer.MAX_VALUE
in an AT with Integer syntax
> - [DIRSERVER-1722] - The PagedSearchIT.testPagedSearchWrongCookie() test blocks randomly
the build
> - [DIRSERVER-1689] - testNoSearchByNonAdmin does not throw an LdapNoPermissionException,
as expected
> - [DIRSERVER-1458] - Cursor API generic usage is totally wrong
> - [DIRSERVER-1655] - Possible incorrect insertion of modifications in the consumer log
> - [DIRSERVER-1727] - LDAP Searches against boolean attributes with booleanMatch equality
never return matches
> - [DIRSERVER-1706] - be sure we close the cursors when the session expires and if we
have paged searches or persistent search going on
> - [DIRSERVER-1726] - DefaultPasswordValidator always throws PasswordPolicyException when
consecutive non-letter chars are in RDN
> - [DIRSERVER-1710] - The memory default (128M) is not enouh in most case
> - [DIRSERVER-1735] - When ads-pwdmaxage attribute is set to more then 2147483, then all
user passwords are expirer forever.
> - [DIRSERVER-1744] - Compex LDAP search filters returning unmatched objects
> - [DIRSERVER-1732] - ERR_04131 The value is expected to be a String
> - [DIRSERVER-1739] - LDAP Searches Slow
>
> Improvments :
> - [DIRSERVER-1737] - ApacheDS should be able to start even when one of its indexed attributes
can't be found in the schema manager