directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Documentation system
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:42:43 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Long time no see. ;)
How are you doing?

On 7 oct. 2012, at 20:35, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask about the documentation system. Some time ago there was
> agreement to use version controlled files with wiki synatx that is
> transformed to docbook and then further transformed to HTML/PDF. Is this
> still the case or did something change?

Nothing changed at the moment, but I think it raises the question of a switch to Markdown
on that part of the documentation too.
Maybe it's better if we share the same syntax between the website and the documentation systems.

> I ask also wrt to the ongoing
> migration of the website to the Apache CMS: when using the CMS is it
> still possible to add static content (i.e. the generated documentation)
> to the website?

Yeah, this is supported by the Apache CMS.
The static content can be added directly in subversion or it can be compressed into an archive
and imported via the online Apache CMS, see [1]

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref#generated-docs