directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is uid=admin present in ou=system ?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 02:20:47 GMT
Le 10/23/12 9:01 PM, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 23.10.2012 13:13, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi Kiran,
>>
>> On 23 oct. 2012, at 12:05, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> yeap, like we just discussed, we can certainly do that, the two things
>>> that immediately come to my mind are
>>>
>>> 1. the impact of such a change in the code
>> It can be important, I haven't checked yet.
> <smartass>
> $ cd apacheds
> $ find . -name "*.java" | xargs grep "uid=admin,ou=system" | wc -l
> 200
> $ find . -name "*.java" | xargs grep "ou=system" | wc -l
> 2743
>
> Seems to be a good opportunity to define a constant and to follow the
> DRY rule ;-)

The constants already exist :

     /** The system DN */
     public static final String SYSTEM_DN = "ou=system";

     /** the default user principal or DN */
     public static final String ADMIN_SYSTEM_DN = "uid=admin,ou=system";

(in ServerDNConstants.java)

We also have :

shared/ldap/model/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/schema/registries/DefaultSchema.java:

protected static final String DEFAULT_OWNER = "uid=admin,ou=system";

We simply don't use them in many places, like tests (actually, we use
the "uid=admin,ou=system" string in 5 files only which are not tests.)

More scarrying :

$ find apacheds -name "*.ldif" | xargs grep -i "ou=system" | wc -l
    10155

Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny