directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject What should we put in 2.0.0-M9
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:05:56 GMT
Hi,

following the discussions about the ou=system partition removal, and
other associated aspects, I'd like to focus on the next version we are
working on : 2.0.0-M9.

IMO, 2.0.0-M9 should only contain everything related to MMR (and
probably the cache management), plus some few bug fixes, but thats it.
Regarding Kiran's mail about certificate, as those certificates are
mandatory to make the replication secure, we should modify the
configuration accordingly, but still minimizing the impact on the server.

After 2.0.0-M9, we might consider some more critical changes, like :
- ou=system removal
- make the uid=admin user virtual
- and other huge changes.

thoughts ?