directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is uid=admin present in ou=system ?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:57:48 GMT
I will rephrase Pierre-Arnaud's mail (should we remove the pu=system
partition).

The main issue is that the uid=admin entry, which is used all over the
server to manage it, is stored in the ou=system partition, when it
should probably be stored in the ou=configuration partition.

The consequences is that we can't modify the password with Studio when
the server has not been started a first time, when Studio already has
the plugin to manage the configuration even if the server is not started.

IMO, the uid=admin entry should be moved to the ou=configuration partition.

thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,