directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of ApacheDS (2.0.0-M8)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:30:38 GMT
Le 10/11/12 10:13 PM, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Let's vote now:
>> [X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M8
>> [ ] ±0 | Abstain
>> [ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M8
> RAT report looks good.
> Checksums and signatures are valid.
> Successfully built source distribution.
>
> I think legal files need some work. Here are some things I noticed, but
> I'm not sure if that are really issues:
> - NOTICE and LICENSE file in source and binary distributions look different.
> - There is no attribution/license for ehcache, jetty, and servlet-api in
> the binary distributions but at least the ueber jar contains such classes.
> - The binary NOTICE file lists OpenSymphony Quartz and IBatis but I
> don't see that such software is included
> - The binary LICENSE file lists JUG, OpenSymphony Quartz, and Spring but
> I don't see that such software is included

I do think we need to check all those things. The rules are quite
strict, and we are probably a bit off base. Also add that we don't use
many of the dependencies any more (Spring, Derby, Quartz, etc).

The best would be to create a JIRA so that we don't forget to check that.

Thanks Stefan !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,