directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation system
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:54:20 GMT
Le 10/7/12 8:35 PM, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask about the documentation system. Some time ago there was
> agreement to use version controlled files with wiki synatx that is
> transformed to docbook and then further transformed to HTML/PDF. Is this
> still the case or did something change? I ask also wrt to the ongoing
> migration of the website to the Apache CMS: when using the CMS is it
> still possible to add static content (i.e. the generated documentation)
> to the website?

The Apache CMS uses markdown, not confluence syntax. That means we will
probaby have to switch to markdown for the documentation, too.

The good point is that we will be able to have the documentation be
versionned.

So I wonder if it would not be a better idea to stop using confluence
for the existig documentation effort, convert it to markdown (there are
tools to do that, like http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/)

wdyt ?

--
Regards,